Monday, May 11, 2009

Strawberry Banana Smoothies

This is another quick and easy breakfast item. The kids love it right along with the Breakfast Cookies.



Strawberry Banana Smoothies

2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup
2 containers (8 ounces each) strawberry yogurt
1 ripe banana - peeled
1 cup milk

Blend all ingredients for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.

Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.


LIKE BLOG CARNIVALS???? Be sure to come back Friday for Five Ingredient Fridays. Last weeks' winner won a Walmart Gift Card.

~Nicole



This post is being linked to:

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace
Tasty Tuesdays at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

11 comments:

Allison said...

We love smoothies in the morning too! They are so easy and delicious!

Unknown said...

I really want a bananna now! This is the third time I have seen them mentioned. Man! Do you think I should go out to the grocery store now. It's almost 1....or will the craving pass? It's so hard to know : ). Great recipe! Simple and yummy! Perfect!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Aren't you so excited that it's almost strawberry picking? Can't wait to stock my freezer for yummy smoothies. :) Thanks for joining in at Tasty Tuesday.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oooh, smoothies are one of my usual breakfast fares! This recipe sounds delish!

Pami said...

sounds great i need to make smooties more often...

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Yum. Cool and fresh. Thanks.

Samantha said...

Love smoothies ! Sounds so good, thanks for sharing, have a blessed day.

Hoosier Homemade said...

Yum! My boys love smoothies. Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Jerralea said...

This is a little different smoothie recipe than I've seen before. Thanks! I will definitely try it.

Sherry said...

Thanks for shraing, I just got a great new blender for mother's day and I needed recipes to try it out!! :)

~Melinda said...

Yum! I love smoothies. Add some spinach (the berries will disguise the color) and get some extra nutrients! You can't taste it and the kids will never know. ;)