Wednesday, April 22, 2009

'Popeye's' Dinner...cheap

We don't eat out very often. We save fast food outings for times when we are on the road and there is no other option. But, we do love Popeye's chicken. I have made fried chicken a time or two and it was ok, but it was no Popeye's. We are also on a budget, so eating out doesn't normally fit into our financial outlook. So, imagine my delight when I saw a commercial last week about a special that Popeye's was having TODAY. The deal is you get 8 pieces of mixed chicken for $4.99. (The price is normally closer to $11.) I actually marked it on my menu planner. The girl on the commercial told me to, so I did. I'm very good at following directions...well, not really, but this was different.

Here's the game plan: Their sides and biscuits must be purchased separately and they will still be astronomically priced. Why not make your own?

I will be serving up Popeye's Biscuits, a copycat recipe, Easy Rice Dressing (Dirty Rice), Mashed Potatoes with homemade gravy and corn on the cob. Works for me!!!



Check out We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesdays.

Like blog carnivals? Be sure to come back Friday for the very first week Five Ingredient Fridays. Click here for all the info.


~Nicole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Thanks for the recipes!