Thursday, April 30, 2009

Five Ingredient Fridays: Easy Shepherd's Pie


First of all, thank you to all who participated in last weeks Five Ingredient Fridays. I haven't had the chance to try all of the recipes yet, but they have been added to my list of future menus. Congratulations to Liz at Hoosier Homemade who was the first winner of our little blog carnival. Using random.org, Liz's number was selected and she wins a $10 Walmart gift card. Email me your mailing address and I will get it right out on its way to you.
~
Will you be this weeks winner? On to the fun...
~
This week, I wanted to share my recipe for shepherd's pie. I have seen so many complicated, lengthy recipes over the years, that I have come to realize that mine is not a true shepherd's pie. But, we love it, people always ask me how to make it, and its less than five ingredients, so I think its a winner.
~
~
Easy Shepherd's Pie
~
1 and 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 cans cream style corn
mashed potatoes - leftovers, freshly made, or from a box (I won't tell)
~
Brown ground beef. Spray a 8x11 baking dish. Drain the ground beef and layer into the bottom of the pan. Pour both cans of corn over top, spreading evenly. Top with mashed potatoes.
~
*Even if you make fresh mashed potatoes, I only use butter and milk, so it still brings it to only 5 ingredients. But, why not use leftovers from the night before OR make up a box of flakes. I won't judge - I do it all the time.*
~
Place baking dish in a 350 degree oven until the potatoes are browned slightly on top, about 30-45 minutes.
~
~
~
Your turn:
~All recipes must include 5 ingredients, or less. But, you do not have to count water, salt and pepper, or other common seasonings in your 5.
~Please be sure to link to your post in Mister Linky and not the main page of your blog.
~Please mention and link back to this blog in your post.~Please visit other posters' blogs and leave lots of comment love. We all love comments, don't we?
~
~
~
~Nicole

5 comments:

Lori said...

Hey Paige, I love the idea of a 5-ingredients-or-less theme! Love those quick and easy recipes! :) Thanks for doing this!

Hoosier Homemade said...

Wow! I won!! Thanks so much!
I have never made Shepherd's Pie, but you make it look pretty easy, I may have to try it.
Thanks for hosting!
~Liz

Hoosier Homemade said...

Sorry, I couldn't find where to email you my address. Here is my email...
hoosierhomemade @ yahoo dot com
Thanks!

Holly said...

yummy! i never have been able to find a shapard's pie i like, since they always seem so dry. this one might actually work for me. thanks paige!

Jessica said...

I will surely be trying this recipe soon. Love this meme, thanks for hosting!